Visa to Ukraine
Visa to Ukraine
Not required for a stay of up to 90 days. The traveler must:
- Have a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months and at least one blank page.
- Demonstrate sufficient funds for the trip.
- Have the reservation of return flights or continuation of the trip.
- Have all the documentation required for the next country of destination.
It is reported that from September 20, 2021, all foreigners who want to enter Ukraine must have a certified insurance policy that covers the costs arising from the treatment and observation of COVID-19, valid for the entire period of stay in Ukraine. Ukraine. The policy must be issued by a) an insurance company registered in Ukraine, b) a foreign insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine, or c) a contractual relationship on the territory of Ukraine (assistance). Holders of a temporary residence permit and stateless persons regardless of age and country of arrival to enter Ukraine must also be provided with the insurance policy.
In addition to the policy, they must present ONE of these documents:
• Certificate, either international or national, proving the complete COVID-19 vaccination schedule with vaccines approved by WHO for emergency use: Pfizer / BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson′s Janssen, AstraZeneca / Vaxzevria, AstraZeneca / Covishield ( India), AstraZeneca/SKBio (South Korea), Moderna/Spikevax, Sinopharm, CoronaVac (Sinovac).
• International or national document that proves receipt of one or more doses of the COVID-19 vaccine approved by the WHO for emergency use.
• Negative result of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus rapid antigen test (RAT, Ag), performed up to 72 hours before entry
• Negative result of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for COVID-19 performed up to 72 hours before entry.
Recovery certificates and COVID-19 antibody certificates are not accepted for entry into Ukraine.
Children under 12 years old do not need test certificates. Children from 12 to 18 years old will need to have one of the above documents, but are exempt from self-isolation and the installation of the "Vdoma" application.
If you do not have the required vaccination certificate, the foreigner (except for the categories of foreigners indicated below), must install the "Vdoma" application and undertakes to start self-isolation within 72 hours of entering Ukraine. During this time, the person will be able to leave the country (without passing additional tests), undergo a PCR test or take a rapid antigen test; in the event of a negative result, self-isolation will not be necessary.
If within 72 hours from the moment of border crossing the interested party does not leave the country or does not receive a negative test result, he will have to isolate himself for 10 days in the place specified during registration in the "Vdoma" application. It is also possible to terminate self-isolation by performing and submitting a negative PCR or rapid antigen test result.
IMPORTANT! Unvaccinated citizens (with exceptions) traveling from Russia or India (including in transit) and having been in their territory for more than 7 days in the last 14 days will have to undergo the self-isolation regime for 14 days and will not be able to perform a trial in Ukraine to avoid or reduce self-isolation.
In case of impossibility or refusal to install the “Vdoma” mobile application, the interested party will be refused entry to Ukraine.
Self-isolation will not be requested (it will not be necessary to install the “Vdoma” application) to:
• Minors under 18 years of age;
• People who enter Ukraine for transit and have documentation confirming exit from the country in 48 hours or less;
• Heads and members of official delegations of foreign states, employees of international organizations, as well as persons accompanying them and entering Ukraine at the invitation of the President of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Office of the President from Ukraine, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
• Employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states, missions of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine and members of their families;
• Persons who come to participate in official sports competitions held on the territory of Ukraine and their companions;
• Servicemen (units) of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO "Partnership for Peace" program, participating in the training of units of the Armed Forces or arriving at the invitation of the Ministry defense;
• Experts from border agencies of EU countries arriving in the framework of operations
jointly with the European Border and Coastal Defense Agency Frontex;
• Members of official government delegations and other Ukrainian delegations returning to Ukraine after short business trips abroad to participate in international consultations, negotiations, conferences, sessions of bodies of international organizations, meetings of intergovernmental commissions and other joint intergovernmental bodies;
• Participants of independent external evaluation, persons who intend to enter educational institutions, including courses (departments) in preparation for admission to state higher educational institutions, applicants studying in educational institutions located in Ukraine, as well as parents (parents adoptive parents), guardians, trustees, other legal representatives or other persons authorized by the parents (adoptive parents), guardians, trustees or other legal representatives accompanying such persons;
• Drivers and crew members of cargo vehicles, buses dedicated to regular, irregular and pendular transport, members of air and maritime crews, river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews;
• People who are carriers of hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation.
The requirements for entry to Ukraine for foreign citizens holding a permanent residence permit will be the same as for citizens of Ukraine, although only those foreigners with a permanent residence permit will be required to install the “Vdoma” application in the case that they have received the full schedule of the vaccine.